Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
New England News
Fri March 29, 2013
With release of documents, Newtown vote imminent
Legislative leaders say the newly released search warrants in the Newtown school shooting help confirm the need for many of the gun law changes they've been negotiating for weeks.
Several leaders said Thursday it was chilling to learn the extent of weaponry and ammunition the 20-year-old shooter, Adam Lanza, had amassed inside his home.
Democratic Senate President Donald Williams said it "absolutely confirms we're on the right track in pursuing a very strong and comprehensive bill."
House Minority Leader Lawrence Cafero Jr. says he expects the General Assembly will be ready to vote next week, possibly Wednesday, on a package addressing the shooting.
While Williams said he hopes there will be a vote next week, he stressed that leaders were still meeting on Thursday and hadn't yet finalized a deal.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.