Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu March 10, 2005
Religious Leaders Lobby Bush on Climate Change
By Eesha Williams
Northampton, MA – Last month, the 141 nation Kyoto Treaty on global warming took effect. The United States was not among the nations that agreed to reduce pollution. But a new movement among religious groups may influence President Bush to sign the treaty. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Eesha Williams reports on efforts by religious leaders in our region.