Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Fri September 3, 2004
Renewed Effort Called For re: Immigrant Farm Worker Bill
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – New York Senator Hillary Clinton has written to the Senator Majority Leader asking that he bring the Agricultural Jobs, Opportunity, Benefits and Security Act of 2003 back to the floor when the Senate reconvenes in September. It's a measure that's supported by agricultural and farm-worker rights groups across New York. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.