Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Tue April 30, 2013
Report Calls for Bolstering Local Energy Planning
A Vermont panel is recommending how to ensure that local and regional energy plans — like wind power developments — get greater scrutiny before the Public Service Board.
The Governor's Energy Generation Siting Policy Commission issued its final report to the governor and Legislature on Tuesday.
The recommendations call for increased emphasis on energy planning at state, regional and municipal levels and providing funding and tools to do that. The panel also recommends expanding opportunities for public engagement.
The commission has been working on the report over the last six months.
State officials say the recommendations will help towns get involved and increase their roles in the state's energy planning before any proposed projects are considered by the Public Service Board.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.