Most Active Stories
- Sports Report: Michael Phelps Comes Out Of Retirement
- State Police Called After Hinsdale Select Board Denies Ex-Police Chief's Bid For Part-Time Position
- Concerns Raised Over Proposed Natural Gas Pipeline
- Albany Store Sold Bedbug-Infested Matresses
- Dr. Jeffrey Froh, Hofstra University - The Benefits of Gratitude
WAMC New York News
Tue April 12, 2005
Report Critical of NRC Oversight
By Pat Bradley
Washington, DC – The GAO released a report Monday that concludes the Nuclear Regulatory Commission needs to crack down on nuclear plants and their handling of highly radioactive spent fuel.
The report was issued a year after two spent fuel pieces were reported missing, and were later found, at the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.