Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Tue April 12, 2005
Report Critical of NRC Oversight
By Pat Bradley
Washington, DC – The GAO released a report Monday that concludes the Nuclear Regulatory Commission needs to crack down on nuclear plants and their handling of highly radioactive spent fuel.
The report was issued a year after two spent fuel pieces were reported missing, and were later found, at the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.