Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Wed August 8, 2012
Report Finds Visitor Policies at New York Hospitals Vary Widely
A new report assesses the visitation policies of acute care hospitals across New York.
The report: “Sick, Scared and Separated from Loved Ones” scored the flexibility and amount of visiting hours and the website information about visitation at the hospitals. St Peter’s Hospital in Albany ranked highest overall. St Peter’s Health Partners Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer Kathy Brodbeck.
The report found that eleven hospital websites posted information on a patient’s right to choose their visitors.