Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
Wed August 8, 2012
Report Finds Visitor Policies at New York Hospitals Vary Widely
A new report assesses the visitation policies of acute care hospitals across New York.
The report: “Sick, Scared and Separated from Loved Ones” scored the flexibility and amount of visiting hours and the website information about visitation at the hospitals. St Peter’s Hospital in Albany ranked highest overall. St Peter’s Health Partners Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer Kathy Brodbeck.
The report found that eleven hospital websites posted information on a patient’s right to choose their visitors.