Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Wed August 8, 2012
Report Finds Visitor Policies at New York Hospitals Vary Widely
A new report assesses the visitation policies of acute care hospitals across New York.
The report: “Sick, Scared and Separated from Loved Ones” scored the flexibility and amount of visiting hours and the website information about visitation at the hospitals. St Peter’s Hospital in Albany ranked highest overall. St Peter’s Health Partners Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer Kathy Brodbeck.
The report found that eleven hospital websites posted information on a patient’s right to choose their visitors.