Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed June 2, 2004
Report Says UMASS Needs More Flexibility
By Kelly Wilkinson
Amherst, MA – A new report out from a Boston-based foundation says the University of Massachusetts needs more flexibility from the state to remain a competitive and top-notch educational system. The report says making the changes are an urgent matter, since the state's economy is dependent on a well-educated workforce, and UMass educates more Massachusetts residents than any other university. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson filed this report.