Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
WAMC New York News
Tue May 17, 2005
Report slams federal fuel policy, wants Vermont to take up the slack
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – The Vermont Public Interest Research Group - VPIRG - released a new report Tuesday that says Vermonters paid an extra $13 million at the pump in 2005 as a result of the Bush administration's energy policy. The group used the release of the report to initiate a state-level campaign to address fuel consumption and global warming.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.