Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
WAMC New York News
Tue May 17, 2005
Report slams federal fuel policy, wants Vermont to take up the slack
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – The Vermont Public Interest Research Group - VPIRG - released a new report Tuesday that says Vermonters paid an extra $13 million at the pump in 2005 as a result of the Bush administration's energy policy. The group used the release of the report to initiate a state-level campaign to address fuel consumption and global warming.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.