Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Tue May 17, 2005
Report slams federal fuel policy, wants Vermont to take up the slack
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – The Vermont Public Interest Research Group - VPIRG - released a new report Tuesday that says Vermonters paid an extra $13 million at the pump in 2005 as a result of the Bush administration's energy policy. The group used the release of the report to initiate a state-level campaign to address fuel consumption and global warming.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.