Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Tue May 17, 2005
Report slams federal fuel policy, wants Vermont to take up the slack
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – The Vermont Public Interest Research Group - VPIRG - released a new report Tuesday that says Vermonters paid an extra $13 million at the pump in 2005 as a result of the Bush administration's energy policy. The group used the release of the report to initiate a state-level campaign to address fuel consumption and global warming.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.