Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Wed June 11, 2008
Representative McNulty Retiring After 20 Years
By Alan Chartock
Albany, NY – Representative Mike McNulty of New York's 21st district will retire from office after 20 years in the U.S. House of Representatives.
"I've been in public life for a long time now. It's my 39th year in office, my 20th year in Congress. I have a perspective that's been built over a period of decades," McNulty said to WAMC's Alan Chartock on "The Capitol Connection".
"I'm going to be home a lot more, I'm going to be playing a lot more with my grandchildren," McNulty said.
McNulty said he has had a number of job offers from educational institutions, high tech businesses, and consulting firms. He says he will wait until the end of the year to make any decisions.