Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Fri March 11, 2005
Residents Grill Verizon Officials Over DSL Renege
By John Krol
Great Barrington, MA – One Berkshire lawmaker says taxpayer money may be needed to assure adequate high-speed internet and other services to rural areas in the region. This has some residents upset that Verizon reneged on a promise to invest in upgrades. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief John Krol has the story.