Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New England News
Mon January 11, 2010
Rest Stop Wind Power
By Charlie Deitz
Massachusetts – In Massachusetts, the Department of Transportation along with the Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, is moving ahead with plans to put a 400 foot wind turbine at the state's western-most rest area. The project is expected to generate enough energy to power 400 homes, as well as take some tax burden off Massachusetts residents. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Charlie Deitz has the story .