Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Arts & Culture
Fri August 31, 2012
Restoration Funstival 2012
This year’s Restoration Funstival – taking place at St. Joseph’s Church in Downtown Albany September 7th through the 9th – is poised to be the best RestFest yet.
St. Jopseph’s was dedicated in 1860, held its last service in 1993, and in 2003, ownership was transferred to Historic Albany Foundation.
This year’s festival will feature performances by national and regional acts like Sharon Van Etten, Mount Eerie, The Loom, Willy Mason, Swamp Baby, Barons in the Attic and many others.
Here to tell us more are Alex Murro and Louis Apicello – members of the B3nson Recording Collective, members of Sgt Dunbar & the Hobo Banned and co-Directors of the Restoration Festival.
We are also joined by Troy Pohl of singer and guitarist for much-loved regional band, The Kamikaze Hearts. The band stopped playing together awhile ago but they are playing a special reunion show at this year’s RestFest.