Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Tue December 21, 2004
Retailer Solicitation Bans Hurt Kettle Campaign
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – Bell-ringers aren't manning the red Salvation Army kettles outside certain major retailers this holiday season. This marks the first year Salvation Army kettles will be banned outside nationwide retail chain, Target, and Salvation Army officials say the store's ban will cut down on donations. The ban is not only impacting donations nationwide, but in the Hudson Valley and surrounding areas as well. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.