Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Fri May 25, 2012
RI Agency Vice Chair Resigns amid Schilling Mess
The vice chairwoman of Rhode Island’s economic development agency has resigned, becoming the second official there to step down as the agency grapples with the future of former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling's troubled video gaming company. WAMC’s Lucas Willard reports…
Economic Development Corp. Vice Chairwoman Helena Foulkes said in a statement Thursday she spoke with Governor Lincoln Chafee and that thinks it's best that she resign.
She said she wished him luck "in this very difficult challenge."
A spokeswoman for Chafee had no immediate comment.
38 Studios moved from Massachusetts in 2010 after Rhode Island offered a $75 million loan guarantee that officials said would bring jobs and tax revenue. The company was late this month on a $1.1 million payment to the EDC.
Lucas Willard, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.