Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New England News
Fri May 25, 2012
RI Agency Vice Chair Resigns amid Schilling Mess
The vice chairwoman of Rhode Island’s economic development agency has resigned, becoming the second official there to step down as the agency grapples with the future of former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling's troubled video gaming company. WAMC’s Lucas Willard reports…
Economic Development Corp. Vice Chairwoman Helena Foulkes said in a statement Thursday she spoke with Governor Lincoln Chafee and that thinks it's best that she resign.
She said she wished him luck "in this very difficult challenge."
A spokeswoman for Chafee had no immediate comment.
38 Studios moved from Massachusetts in 2010 after Rhode Island offered a $75 million loan guarantee that officials said would bring jobs and tax revenue. The company was late this month on a $1.1 million payment to the EDC.
Lucas Willard, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.