Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Capital Region News
Sat June 22, 2013
Rick Mathews, National Center for Security and Preparedness - "Death Rays" And Homegrown Terror
"Death ray" - it’s a phrase you would most likely expect to see across the top of a pulp sci-fi comic book from the 1950s – but this week it graced the front pages of some newspapers in their coverage of a case of domestic terrorism home-grown in New York’s Capital District.
On Thursday a federal magistrate in Albany ruled that 49-year-old Glendon Scott Crawford and 54-year-old Eric J. Feight are a threat and should remain jailed.
The men are accused of trying to build a portable x-ray weapon to sicken Muslims and enemies of Israel.
Rick Mathews, Director of the National Center for Security and Preparedness at the State University of New York at Albany, spoke with WAMC's Patrick Donges about the case.
New York News
Commentary & Opinion