Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Wed March 7, 2007
River clean-up proposal doesn't hold water
By Carrie Saldo
Great Barrington, MA – General Electric's proposed plan for cleaning up PCBs from portions of the Housatonic River in the Berkshires, in Massachusetts and Litchfield County Connecticut is insufficient according to several environmentalists. General Electric is awaiting Environmental Protection Agency feedback before it can submit its final proposal for the river.
Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo, has this report;