Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Wed March 7, 2007
River clean-up proposal doesn't hold water
By Carrie Saldo
Great Barrington, MA – General Electric's proposed plan for cleaning up PCBs from portions of the Housatonic River in the Berkshires, in Massachusetts and Litchfield County Connecticut is insufficient according to several environmentalists. General Electric is awaiting Environmental Protection Agency feedback before it can submit its final proposal for the river.
Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo, has this report;