Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New England News
Wed March 7, 2007
River clean-up proposal doesn't hold water
By Carrie Saldo
Great Barrington, MA – General Electric's proposed plan for cleaning up PCBs from portions of the Housatonic River in the Berkshires, in Massachusetts and Litchfield County Connecticut is insufficient according to several environmentalists. General Electric is awaiting Environmental Protection Agency feedback before it can submit its final proposal for the river.
Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo, has this report;