Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri September 7, 2012
Road to Valor: A True Story of WWII Italy, the Nazis, and the Cyclist Who Inspired a Nation
In Road to Valor: A True Story of WWII Italy, the Nazis, and the Cyclist Who Inspired a Nation, journalist Aili McConnon and her brother, historical researcher Andres McConnon, unfold the inspiring and remarkable story of Gino Bartali, an Italian cycling legend, and of his untold secret role in a successful scheme to save Jews from the Holocaust during World War II. The book is divided into three parts: Bartali’s early impoverished years in rural Tuscany through his first Tour de France victory; his courageous work during World War II; and finally his second Tour triumph, which set a record for the longest span between wins in the iconic race. Andres McConnon joins us.