Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed June 23, 2004
Rocket Fuel Chemical Appearing in Food, Water
By Kelly Wilkinson
Williamstown, MA – Perchlorate is a chemical usually found in rocket fuel. But the chemical is showing up with increasing frequency in food and water supplies. While most scientists agree that it's not appearing at levels that could be dangerous, Massachusetts is taking the lead on establishing the country's first requirements for a safe level of the chemical in all drinking water. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.