Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed June 23, 2004
Rocket Fuel Chemical Appearing in Food, Water
By Kelly Wilkinson
Williamstown, MA – Perchlorate is a chemical usually found in rocket fuel. But the chemical is showing up with increasing frequency in food and water supplies. While most scientists agree that it's not appearing at levels that could be dangerous, Massachusetts is taking the lead on establishing the country's first requirements for a safe level of the chemical in all drinking water. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.