Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
WAMC New York News
Thu December 22, 2005
Rolling blackouts unlikely
By Jessica Bloustein
Western Massachusetts – A limited supply of natural gas in New England-due to this year's hurricane season and to predictions of an exceptionally cold winter-has electricity providers preparing for the worst-controlled power interruptions. Officials say there is only a remote chance of rolling blackouts, but urge New Englanders to conserve as much power as they can.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.