Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Wed March 31, 2004
Romney, AG Clash Over May Gay Marriages
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Monday's vote by Massachusetts lawmakers to ban gay marriage and create civil unions has not resolved many of the complicated and controversial aspects of same sex marriage. Now Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney and Attorney General Thomas Reilly are butting heads over whether to prevent same sex marriages from taking place starting in May, per the state Supreme Judicial Court's ruling. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.