Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Wed September 26, 2012
Romney Camp Decries VT Absent Voting Preparations
The presidential campaign of Republican Mitt Romney's is complaining some Vermont military personnel serving overseas might not be able to get their absentee ballots in time to vote.
In a letter sent Tuesday to Vermont Secretary of State Jim Condos, Romney's veterans' affairs adviser Anthony Principi says delays by Condos' office caused 53 towns to miss the 45-day deadline needed to ensure veterans receive their absentee ballots and can return them by election day.
Condos says the recount in a primary race delayed the printing of the November ballots, but town clerks were sent electronic copies of the ballots prior to Saturday's deadline and the vast majority of veterans should have been able to receive them on time.
Condos, a Democrat, calls the issue "a show" by the Romney campaign.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press