Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Wed September 26, 2012
Romney Camp Decries VT Absent Voting Preparations
The presidential campaign of Republican Mitt Romney's is complaining some Vermont military personnel serving overseas might not be able to get their absentee ballots in time to vote.
In a letter sent Tuesday to Vermont Secretary of State Jim Condos, Romney's veterans' affairs adviser Anthony Principi says delays by Condos' office caused 53 towns to miss the 45-day deadline needed to ensure veterans receive their absentee ballots and can return them by election day.
Condos says the recount in a primary race delayed the printing of the November ballots, but town clerks were sent electronic copies of the ballots prior to Saturday's deadline and the vast majority of veterans should have been able to receive them on time.
Condos, a Democrat, calls the issue "a show" by the Romney campaign.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press