Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon February 2, 2004
Romney Ignores Politics in Making Berkshire DA Appt.
By Kelly Wilkinson
Pittsfield, MA – Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney appointed an interim district attorney in Berkshire County. David Capeless will take over as the county's lead prosecutor, stepping up from his position as second-in-charge. By choosing Capeless, who's a Democrat, the Massachusetts Bar Association and others say Romney is being true to his word of making nonpartisan judicial appointments. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson reports.