Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Mon February 2, 2004
Romney Ignores Politics in Making Berkshire DA Appt.
By Kelly Wilkinson
Pittsfield, MA – Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney appointed an interim district attorney in Berkshire County. David Capeless will take over as the county's lead prosecutor, stepping up from his position as second-in-charge. By choosing Capeless, who's a Democrat, the Massachusetts Bar Association and others say Romney is being true to his word of making nonpartisan judicial appointments. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson reports.