Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Mon November 20, 2006
Romney Wants SJC to Put Gay Marriage Question on '08 Ballot
By Dan Bobkoff
Boston, ma – Gay marriage opponents in Massachusetts have been trying to get a constitutional amendment to ban future same-sex marriages in the state. They want the voters to decide in 2008. Earlier this month, the Massachusetts legislature recessed a constitutional convention without deciding whether the question should make it on the ballot. Now the state's outgoing governor is trying a new tactic to get the question to the voters. Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.