Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Mon November 20, 2006
Romney Wants SJC to Put Gay Marriage Question on '08 Ballot
By Dan Bobkoff
Boston, ma – Gay marriage opponents in Massachusetts have been trying to get a constitutional amendment to ban future same-sex marriages in the state. They want the voters to decide in 2008. Earlier this month, the Massachusetts legislature recessed a constitutional convention without deciding whether the question should make it on the ballot. Now the state's outgoing governor is trying a new tactic to get the question to the voters. Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.