Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Mon November 20, 2006
Romney Wants SJC to Put Gay Marriage Question on '08 Ballot
By Dan Bobkoff
Boston, ma – Gay marriage opponents in Massachusetts have been trying to get a constitutional amendment to ban future same-sex marriages in the state. They want the voters to decide in 2008. Earlier this month, the Massachusetts legislature recessed a constitutional convention without deciding whether the question should make it on the ballot. Now the state's outgoing governor is trying a new tactic to get the question to the voters. Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.