Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri April 16, 2004
Romney's Last Option to Prevent Gay Marriage
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Yesterday Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney said he'll seek emergency legislation to block gay marriages, whichare scheduled to become legal in the state next month. Romney's request would allow him to appoint a special counsel who would ask the state's highest court to delay its gay marriage ruling. But some legal experts say he's not standing on solid legal footing. WAMC's Kelly Wilkinson has more.