Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Thu July 5, 2012
Romney's Wife Says Woman Being Eyed for Ticket
Mitt Romney's wife says her husband is thinking about picking a woman to be on his ticket this fall.
Ann Romney says in an interview, "We've been looking at that and I love that option as well."
She tells CBS News she thinks the person selected for the No. 2 spot should be "someone that obviously can do the job but will be able to carry through with some of the other responsibilities."
The former Massachusetts governor, who was joined by his wife for the interview, declined to describe the status of the vice presidential search, saying "that's something I'm keeping close with my team."
Romney did say — again - that, in his words, "As long as I continue to speak about the economy, I'm going to win."
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.