Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
Tue March 6, 2012
Rough Day On Wall Street; Dow Has Sharpest Drop Of Year
The stock market has been having a good year, so you might have been expecting some sort of a "correction."
Today may have been that day.
Pulled down by continued concern over Europe's economic woes and soft growth elsewhere in the world, the Dow Jones industrial average took its sharpest drop of any day so far this year — about 203 points, or roughly 1.6 percent.
The S&P 500 fell about the same percentage.