Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
Thu April 20, 2006
Roundtable conversation about Spiritual Progressives 4/20/06
Albany, NY – According to a new poll conducted by Copernicus and reported in the Christian Science Monitor, religious liberalism has been rising faster than religious fundamentalism.
We're joined by two self-described religious liberals about where they fall on the political spectrum, what kinds of work they're doing, and why they think their numbers may be growing.
Barbara Sarah is the founder and director of the Oncology Support Program at Benedictine Hospital. Although she works for a Catholic hospital, Barbara is Jewish and belongs to Tikkun, the parent group of the Network of Spiritual Progressives.
David Belden is a freelance writer and one of the key organizers behind the Hudson Valley chapter of the Network of Spiritual Progressives. He received his doctorate from Oxford University in the sociology of religion.