Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Thu April 20, 2006
Roundtable conversation about Spiritual Progressives 4/20/06
Albany, NY – According to a new poll conducted by Copernicus and reported in the Christian Science Monitor, religious liberalism has been rising faster than religious fundamentalism.
We're joined by two self-described religious liberals about where they fall on the political spectrum, what kinds of work they're doing, and why they think their numbers may be growing.
Barbara Sarah is the founder and director of the Oncology Support Program at Benedictine Hospital. Although she works for a Catholic hospital, Barbara is Jewish and belongs to Tikkun, the parent group of the Network of Spiritual Progressives.
David Belden is a freelance writer and one of the key organizers behind the Hudson Valley chapter of the Network of Spiritual Progressives. He received his doctorate from Oxford University in the sociology of religion.