Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Fri January 27, 2006
Roundtable conversation wtih Theatre 88's new play WHAT I HEARD ABOUT IRAQ 1/27/06
Albany, NY – As the war in Iraq rages on and the death toll rises daily, Theatre 88 will present WHAT I HEARD ABOUT IRAQ, a staged reading of the play that ignited the Los Angeles area. The play was originally adapted for the stage by Simon Levy from Eliot Weinberger's provocative article, "What I Heard About Iraq."
The cast is composed of Albany area theatre professors who are concerned about the war and wish to inspire a thoughtful, enlightened discussion. The reading also interweaves multi media sounds and images from real news footage.
Sunday January 29th, 7:00pm
Skidmore College, Janet Kinghorn Bernhard Theatre, contact the Skidmore Theater Box Office at 518-580-5439.