Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
Wed January 17, 2007
Roundtable Discussion on Affordable Housing 1/15/07
Albany, NY – Not everyone can walk right up to a mortgage lender, borrow money, and buy a house. For many families, the American dream has been just slightly out of reach.
But thanks to a new non-profit realtor called Community Realty, people on the verge of home-ownership can find friendly representation, help negotiating a contract, and assistance finding resources that might land them in the home they want.
We're joined by three people who have experienced this first hand:
Susan Cotner: Executive Director of the Affordable Housing Partnership
Eric Dahl: Managing Broker of Community Realty
Katha McDowell: Purchased her home with the help of Community Realty
For more information visit www.yourownhome.org