Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Wed March 1, 2006
Roundtable discussion on Eating Disorders 3/1
Albany, NY – This week is National Eating Disorders Awareness Week, and sbout 7 million women and 1 million men suffer from eating disorders. The Capital Region Association for Eating Disorders is sponsoring a conference to highlight these issues.
Our Roundtable conversation includes:
- Drew Anderson, Associate Professor of Psychology at the University at Albany, whose research focuses on eating disorders and obesity. He is also the President of the Board of Directors for the Captial Region Association for Eating Disorders
- Dr. Sharon Alger-Mayer, Associate Professor of Medicine at Albany Medical College as well as medical director of the newly formed Northeast Comprehensive Care Center for Eating Disorders.
- Diane Litynski suffered from anorexia nervosa and clinical depression during her 30s. Through yoga, counseling, medication, and "just plain work," she has her body back and is not embarking on a second career in the life-sciences.
For more information on The Capital District Association for Eating Disorders conference on March 15th, visit www.craed.org or call 518-581-5015 x3112