Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Wed March 1, 2006
Roundtable discussion on Eating Disorders 3/1
Albany, NY – This week is National Eating Disorders Awareness Week, and sbout 7 million women and 1 million men suffer from eating disorders. The Capital Region Association for Eating Disorders is sponsoring a conference to highlight these issues.
Our Roundtable conversation includes:
- Drew Anderson, Associate Professor of Psychology at the University at Albany, whose research focuses on eating disorders and obesity. He is also the President of the Board of Directors for the Captial Region Association for Eating Disorders
- Dr. Sharon Alger-Mayer, Associate Professor of Medicine at Albany Medical College as well as medical director of the newly formed Northeast Comprehensive Care Center for Eating Disorders.
- Diane Litynski suffered from anorexia nervosa and clinical depression during her 30s. Through yoga, counseling, medication, and "just plain work," she has her body back and is not embarking on a second career in the life-sciences.
For more information on The Capital District Association for Eating Disorders conference on March 15th, visit www.craed.org or call 518-581-5015 x3112