Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
Thu May 11, 2006
Roundtable Interview with Amber Chand 5/10/06
Albany, NY – When you think of developing nations or war torn regions like the Middle East, Cambodia, Afghanistan, Guatemala and Sudan, you probably don't think of beauty, creativity or entrepreneurship. But one American woman wants to change that.
Amber Chand designs jewelry and gifts in collaboration with talented craftswomen from these war torn countries, which are then sold in the United States.
The women receive a share of the profits, in an effort to achieve financial stability for themselves and their families.