Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Thu May 11, 2006
Roundtable Interview with Amber Chand 5/10/06
Albany, NY – When you think of developing nations or war torn regions like the Middle East, Cambodia, Afghanistan, Guatemala and Sudan, you probably don't think of beauty, creativity or entrepreneurship. But one American woman wants to change that.
Amber Chand designs jewelry and gifts in collaboration with talented craftswomen from these war torn countries, which are then sold in the United States.
The women receive a share of the profits, in an effort to achieve financial stability for themselves and their families.