Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
Wed February 7, 2007
Roundtable interview with Dr. Julian Bond 1/22/07
Albany, NY – Dr. Julian Bond is a civil rights activist and the chairman of the NAACP. Dr. Bond has been active in the civil rights movement since he was a college student leading sit-ins in Atlanta in 1960. He served as the Southern Poverty Law Center's first president in 1971 and continues to serve on its board of directors today. He also spent 20 years in the Georgia General Assembly where he organized the Georgia Legislative Black Caucus. Since 1998, Dr. Julian Bond has served as the chairman of the NAACP.