Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Wed February 7, 2007
Roundtable Retrospective of Shirley Chisholm 1/19/07
Albany, NY – Shirley Chisholm was the first African American women elected to Congress. We look back on her life and legacy.
Barbara Winslow is an historian and associate professor at Brooklyn College, where she teaches in the School of Education and the Women's Studies Program. This fall she spoke at the Researching New York conference about Shirley Chisholm, who graduated from Brooklyn College.
Julie Gallagher is an Assistant Professor of History at Antioch College in Yellow Springs, Ohio. She also spoke about Shirley Chisholm at the Researching New York conference in November.
Helen Desfosses is an Associate Professor of Public Administration and Policy, and Africana Studies as well as Professor in Residence at the New York State Assembly Internship Program. Helen offered comment on the Shirley Chisholm session at the Researching New York conference last fall.