Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Wed May 5, 2004
Roundtable: Why I Am a Muslim - Azma Gull Hasan
Albany, NY – Did you know that after 9/11 there were Muslim peace marches in the US? Or that Islam and the US share some very basic values, like a belief in democracy? First generation American Azma Hasan wanted to inform her fellow Americans about her religion and its culture, and wrote, "Why I Am A Muslim". According to Hasan, women's rights are deeply rooted in Islam. Susan Arbetter asked her how it is then, that in many countries, Muslim women are treated as 2nd class citizens...