Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
Mon March 18, 2013
RPI Community Advocates and the Pride Center present "8" in Troy
The play "8" is written by Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black and is based on interviews and transcripts from the Prop 8 trial in California after marriage equality opponents succeeded in having cameras barred from the courtroom. It is made up of interviews, news reports and court transcripts and highlights the main points which led to the court finding Proposition 8 unconstitutional.
Joining to tell us more, we welcome Aaron Holbritter - the shows director, Isaac Newberry as plaintiff Paul Katami and Gary Maggio as Chief Judge Vaugn Walker.
Arts & Culture