Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Mon March 18, 2013
RPI Community Advocates and the Pride Center present "8" in Troy
The play "8" is written by Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black and is based on interviews and transcripts from the Prop 8 trial in California after marriage equality opponents succeeded in having cameras barred from the courtroom. It is made up of interviews, news reports and court transcripts and highlights the main points which led to the court finding Proposition 8 unconstitutional.
Joining to tell us more, we welcome Aaron Holbritter - the shows director, Isaac Newberry as plaintiff Paul Katami and Gary Maggio as Chief Judge Vaugn Walker.
Arts & Culture