Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Thu June 12, 2003
Ruling on Gay Marriage in Canada
By Pat Bradley
Ontario, Canada – A ruling in an Ontario Appeals court this week declared Canada's current definition of marriage invalid and ruled Canada's ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional. Within hours two men married and other same-sex couples were seeking licenses. In Vermont, where civil unions are legal, activists are pleased, but don't anticipate any changes in the U-S. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.