Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Wed March 6, 2013
Rutland, VT Mayor Wins Fourth Term
The mayor of Rutland has won a fourth term in office.
Christopher Louras beat challenger David Allaire 2,032 to 1,611 on Tuesday.
Louras says his victory represents the voters' affirmation that his administration is taking the right direction.
The Rutland Herald reports that Louras campaigned on economic development and public safety efforts that he said were finally beginning to bear fruit, while Allaire characterized him as having done nothing, with any efforts he has made as coming too late.
Allaire is deciding whether he wants to seek another term as president of the Board of Alderman. He says he is energized by the campaign.
In the city of Vergennes, voters elected Alderman William Benton as mayor over former Mayor April Jin.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.