Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
Capital Region News
Tue February 5, 2013
The Sage Colleges to name center after Newtown principal
TROY, N.Y. (AP) — A New York Capital District college plans to establish a new education center in honor of Sandy Hook Elementary School Principal Dawn Hochsprung, who was a doctoral candidate in the college's educational leadership program.
Hochsprung, five other educators and 20 children were killed in the Dec. 14 mass shooting at the school in Newtown, Conn.
The Sage Colleges has announced that its Esteves School of Education is creating the Dawn Hochsprung Center for the Promotion of Mental Health and School Safety.
College officials say Hochsprung will receive her doctorate posthumously with her class in May 2015.
A memorial service in honor of Hochsprung will be held Saturday on the Sage College of Albany campus. The college also has a campus in nearby Troy that's home to the Esteves School.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
New England News