Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed December 7, 2005
Same-sex marriage ban gains consideration in Massachusetts
By Jessica Bloustein
Boston, MA – More than enough signatures have been collected in Massachusetts to have the legislature consider putting an up or down vote on same-sex marriage on the ballot in two thousand eight. Local and statewide organizations calling for a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage collected one hundred seventy thousand signatures and presented a petition to the Secretary of State by this afternoon's deadline. More than twenty-one thousand of those signatures came from the four counties in Western Massachusetts.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.