Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
WAMC New York News
Wed December 7, 2005
Same-sex marriage ban gains consideration in Massachusetts
By Jessica Bloustein
Boston, MA – More than enough signatures have been collected in Massachusetts to have the legislature consider putting an up or down vote on same-sex marriage on the ballot in two thousand eight. Local and statewide organizations calling for a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage collected one hundred seventy thousand signatures and presented a petition to the Secretary of State by this afternoon's deadline. More than twenty-one thousand of those signatures came from the four counties in Western Massachusetts.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.