Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
North Country News
Fri June 8, 2012
Sanders, Cummings Introduce Dental Care Bill
Vermont U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders says America is experiencing a crisis in dental care, and has introduced legislation to address the issue.
Sanders and Maryland Congressman Elijah Cummings have introduced Senate and House bills that would expand dental coverage to millions of Americans through Medicare, Medicaid, and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The measures would authorize funding to increase access to dental services at community health centers and boost support for mobile clinics and dental clinics in schools.
And they call for increased federal assistance for those training to be dentists.
Sanders says 130 million Americans lack dental insurance, and a quarter of those over 65 have lost all their teeth.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.