Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Fri July 9, 2004
Sanders' Efforts to Protect Book Readers Fails
By Pat Bradley
Washington, DC – The US House voted Thursday on a plan that would keep the federal government from using the Patriot Act to demand book store and library records. But the proposal, offered by Vermont Congressman Bernard Sanders, failed when House leadership kept voting open past the scheduled time. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.