Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri July 9, 2004
Sanders' Efforts to Protect Book Readers Fails
By Pat Bradley
Washington, DC – The US House voted Thursday on a plan that would keep the federal government from using the Patriot Act to demand book store and library records. But the proposal, offered by Vermont Congressman Bernard Sanders, failed when House leadership kept voting open past the scheduled time. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.