Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
North Country News
Mon August 19, 2013
Sanders: Eligible VT Vets Should Use VA Health System
U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders is urging Vermont veterans to see if they are eligible for health care from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Sanders, who is chairman of the Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs, said Monday in Burlington, that there have been great improvements in the system in recent years, both in Vermont and nationally.
The VA system in Vermont has the capacity to serve more eligible veterans across the state and parts of New Hampshire.
The White River Junction medical center serves about 25 thousand vets from Vermont and the four contiguous counties in New Hampshire. Clinics in Colchester, Brattleboro, Rutland, Bennington and Newport help about 8,600 veterans.
The Associated Press contributed to this report. Copyright 2013. All Rights Reserved.