Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
North Country News
Mon August 19, 2013
Sanders: Eligible VT Vets Should Use VA Health System
U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders is urging Vermont veterans to see if they are eligible for health care from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Sanders, who is chairman of the Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs, said Monday in Burlington, that there have been great improvements in the system in recent years, both in Vermont and nationally.
The VA system in Vermont has the capacity to serve more eligible veterans across the state and parts of New Hampshire.
The White River Junction medical center serves about 25 thousand vets from Vermont and the four contiguous counties in New Hampshire. Clinics in Colchester, Brattleboro, Rutland, Bennington and Newport help about 8,600 veterans.
The Associated Press contributed to this report. Copyright 2013. All Rights Reserved.