Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Tue June 14, 2005
Sanders Offers Amendment to Block Reading Investigations
By Pat Bradley
Washington, DC – The House is scheduled to vote on an appropriations bill that includes a Freedom to Read Amendment offered by Vermont's Congressman. Bernie Sanders is attempting to block funding for the Justice Department that allows officials to investigate the materials people are buying at book stores and taking out of libraries. But it's an effort that was tried last year......and failed.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.