Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue June 14, 2005
Sanders Offers Amendment to Block Reading Investigations
By Pat Bradley
Washington, DC – The House is scheduled to vote on an appropriations bill that includes a Freedom to Read Amendment offered by Vermont's Congressman. Bernie Sanders is attempting to block funding for the Justice Department that allows officials to investigate the materials people are buying at book stores and taking out of libraries. But it's an effort that was tried last year......and failed.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.