Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Tue June 14, 2005
Sanders Offers Amendment to Block Reading Investigations
By Pat Bradley
Washington, DC – The House is scheduled to vote on an appropriations bill that includes a Freedom to Read Amendment offered by Vermont's Congressman. Bernie Sanders is attempting to block funding for the Justice Department that allows officials to investigate the materials people are buying at book stores and taking out of libraries. But it's an effort that was tried last year......and failed.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.