Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Tue June 14, 2005
Sanders Offers Amendment to Block Reading Investigations
By Pat Bradley
Washington, DC – The House is scheduled to vote on an appropriations bill that includes a Freedom to Read Amendment offered by Vermont's Congressman. Bernie Sanders is attempting to block funding for the Justice Department that allows officials to investigate the materials people are buying at book stores and taking out of libraries. But it's an effort that was tried last year......and failed.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.