Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Thu August 8, 2013
Saratoga 150 and Richard Danielpour's "Serenade"
Keith Lockhart will conduct the Philadelphia Orchestra in a series of “horse” related pieces. "Serenade" by Richard Danielpour is receiving its world premiere performance tonight here at SPAC. The work pays tribute to other aspects of Saratoga, in addition to racing. Over the course of three movements, it visits the arts scene, the mineral waters, and, finally, the track.
SPAC's commission of Danielpour's "Serenade" was underwritten by Charles and Candace Wait and happens to coincide with Danielpour's 30th anniversary of visiting Saratoga. Charles Wait is the Chairman of Saratoga 150.