Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Thu April 26, 2012
Saratoga Reads - David Lacks and David Lacks Jr.
David Lacks and his son, David Lacks Jr., join us to talk about their Saratoga Reads event. They are the son and grandson of of Henrietta Lacks, whose story is told in this year's Saratoga Reads book of choice, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks , by Rebecca Skloot and they discuss what it meant to find out -- decades after the fact -- that their [grand]mother's cells were being used in laboratories around the world, bought and sold by the billions.