Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Thu April 26, 2012
Saratoga Reads - David Lacks and David Lacks Jr.
David Lacks and his son, David Lacks Jr., join us to talk about their Saratoga Reads event. They are the son and grandson of of Henrietta Lacks, whose story is told in this year's Saratoga Reads book of choice, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks , by Rebecca Skloot and they discuss what it meant to find out -- decades after the fact -- that their [grand]mother's cells were being used in laboratories around the world, bought and sold by the billions.