Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon March 7, 2005
Saving Water in Albany
By WAMC's Senior Correspondent Brian Shields
Albany, NY – Some older cities with aging water systems can lose half of their water supply to leaks and broken pipes. Albany is now using a high-tech device that works while the city sleeps to find small leaks in the underground water system before they can become big problems.