Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Tue August 28, 2012
Saying Thanks In Hattiesburg, Miss.
Every year since 1994, volunteers from the Hattiesburg Jaycees have been holding a blood drive to replenish the area's blood supply. This Friday, the group will be grilling burgers and hot dogs for anyone willing to kick off Labor Day Weekend by donating at the Labor of Love Blood Drive.
"We also have a Fourth of July First Responder Cookout every year to feed our local law enforcement officers and staff, firefighters and emergency medical technicians," Jaycee President Lisa Foster tells NPR, "as a thank you to those who don't get to cookout with their families and friends."