Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri February 11, 2005
SC Legislators Support Casino Legislation
By Allison Dunne
Monticello, NY – In what was considered by some to be the most historic vote ever in Sullivan County, legislators voted 6-to-3 in favor of New York Governor Pataki's legislation to settle Indian land claims and establish five casinos in the county. The next step is public hearings, and then state legislators are expected to introduce a bill in the Senate. WAMC's Allison Dunne reports.