Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Hudson Valley News
Fri January 18, 2013
Scenic Hudson Marks 50 Years with Photo Exhibit
Non-profit group Scenic Hudson is celebrating 50 years of work with a traveling photo exhibition that kicks off Saturday in Columbia County. The exhibit of some 40 works by 12 photographers opens at the Hudson Opera House, and will run through February 16th, after which time it will travel to about five other locations, ending at Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan. The photos depict traditional landscapes and waterfronts in transformation; as well as polluted locations and other areas with challenges. Poughkeepsie-based Scenic Hudson began in 1963 with six people mobilized around a campaign to protect Storm King Mountain, a campaign that led to a landmark legal victory known as the “Scenic Hudson Decision”.
WAMC New York News