Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue June 8, 2004
Schenectady Cuts Jobs To Reduce Debt
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – Faced with a 10 million-dollar deficit and the lowest credit rating of any town or city in New York State, the City of Schenectady has announced an agreement with Schenectady County that will save the city millions of dollars, but will cut 40 jobs from the city payroll. WAMC's Brian Shields reports.