Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Tue June 8, 2004
Schenectady Cuts Jobs To Reduce Debt
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – Faced with a 10 million-dollar deficit and the lowest credit rating of any town or city in New York State, the City of Schenectady has announced an agreement with Schenectady County that will save the city millions of dollars, but will cut 40 jobs from the city payroll. WAMC's Brian Shields reports.